Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Top Original DigiDestined

The Original Digidestined (Minus Kari).  (L-R) T.K., Matt, Joe, Tai, Sora, Izzy, and Mimi

Digimon Adventure (Season 1) is one of my favorite shows ever.  As a child, I watched and loved Pokemon more, but Digimon has so many things about it that stand out now looking back.  The show was animated beautifully for it's time.  The 8 children and Digimon each had their own personality.  And the show's whole first season was a continuous storyline with arcs in between, which made things much more interesting.

Since I love the first season of Digimon, I thought about which Digidestined were my favorite, which caused me to do this list.

8. Mimi- She's the cute and spoiled one of the group.  Never saw her importance because all she did was whine.

7. T.K.- He's the youngest of the group and the one that needs to grow up the most.  He cries a lot, which got on my nerves, but he showed many moments of maturity liked outsmarting Puppetmon on his own, which is one of my favorite Digimon episodes.

6. Sora- The most lovable one of the group.  I'm neutral on Sora since I don't dislike her for any specific reason, but I don't want to rank her any higher either.  I do like the fact that she is motherly though, and looks out for the rest of the group. 

5. Kari- The most rounded of the bunch I think. I like her because she seemed to interact with every character well, and came during the most interesting arc of Season 1, the Miyotismon arc.

4. Matt- Known as the cool kid of the group with his looks and how laid back he is.  There's nothing not to like about Matt besides his insecurity and the fact he always seems to ditch the people he's with.  Not good leadership material.

3. Izzy- The smart one, nough' said.  I love Izzy because he is independent, helpful, and seems to be one of the most realistic of the group.  Plus, I felt for him during the first season when we learn about his parents.  So sad.

2. Joe- He's the oldest of the group, and the most worrisome one.  He gets on everyone's nerves at times, but you can tell everyone respects him since they come to him when they need help.  

1. Tai- The leader of the group.  He's my favorite Digidestined because he experiences everything in the first season, and seems to grow the most in my opinion.

The theme song of Digimon Adventure, showing all of the Original Digidestined 

Question: What is your favorite season of Digimon? Who are your favorite Digidestined?

No comments:

Post a Comment