Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Finding and Making Time

There's a common phrase that is said that, "If you love or want something, enough, you make time for it".  And that is something I wholeheartedly agree with.  I mean, who wouldn't want more things they love in their life?  For me, it would be difficult in choosing the things I love, per se; the word love has dumbfounded people since the beginning of time.  But one thing I do love and have a passion for is writing.  Since I was a kid, I always did, which shocks people because who likes doing extra work as a kid?  But I did; I remember vividly being excited for writing assignments, sharing, and trying something new.  And once I got older, actually creating something, whether an essay or a novel (like I am trying right now).  The process is so frustrating, but when it works, few things are more satisfying.

The funny thing is that now that I am done with school, you'd think that I would have more time to write, but it's quite the opposite.  I work full time, now, which takes up a quarter of the day, then have to do other things, like eat, sleep, chores, exercise, and all the other daily things life likes to throw at me.  It's an exhausting daily process, and by the time I'm done or have a second of spare time, the last thing I want to do is write.  But I guess that is something I need to work on.  Because writing is a passion of mine, and one of my dreams is to have a published novel and tell my story, but it's so difficult to do on a daily basis.  I thought school was a hard enough obstacle, but once you clear one, new ones appear.  And that is the case this time.  I want this bad enough, so I guess I have to make the time.  But it just makes me marvel at people more who have to do so much, yet have so little time.  How do they do it? 

All I can say is, I wish we had more hours in the day.  Or that life was a little easier so we could all take a breather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment