Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Thing About the Post Office

When it comes to others doing their job, I believe that I have no right to complain when I get terrible customer service.  I know as people, we have a right to, and if it was really bad, then I'd have to think about it.  But we can all relate to having a bad day and not being our best.  And I took forever to get a job, myself, so I would hope that some people understood.  But one place I have always loathed is the post office.  Not the people themselves, or the delivery people, who I think are some of the hardest working people out there.  Just the institution and what it represents.  While I do enjoy it when I get mail or packages, there are some things that they do that just annoy me.  And by annoy me, I mean, a lot.

One thing that has always annoyed me is the fact there is no mail/post on Sundays.  This is nothing that is their fault; I know by law, Sunday is a day of rest, and everyone deserves a day off.  But the demand for mail and packages has never been greater, so you'd think that some places would change that.  Also, the economy is still going through a crisis, so why not give more jobs to help more people?  Economically, I guess it might not make sense because the post office isn't Microsoft or anything in terms of funds, but I think more people would be willing to if the funding was there.

Another thing I hate is delivery vehicle policies.  And I know everyone can relate to this.  You're waiting for a package or something to be delivered, and it says it is on its way, only, it never shows up.  Worst, they leave you a slip saying there was no place to securely leave the product or saying they rang the doorbell, but no one answered.  I understand that the first line of reasoning can happen.  Not all neighborhoods are safe.  But there have been too many times where they have just left the slip and just lied about ringing the doorbell.  How is that good customer service or even honest?  I know that the people who drive those trucks and deliver are people too, and they probably want to go home after a long day, but they still have a job to do, like we all do.  We don't always like it, but we have to do it.

I'm sure I could go on and on with this, but I'm not really angry like I am in a typical rant.  I'm just miffed by some of the actions of the post office.  Now if you'll excuse me, it's Sunday and I need to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment