Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Moving On Up

I'm MOVING ON UP!

Okay, not literally "to a deluxe apartment in the sky", like in The Jeffersons, but in terms of the job I currently have, I'm moving on up.  Last week, at the grocery store I work at, I was given the role of team trainer of my department by the higher ups.  It came as a surprise to me, not just because of how soon it was since I started working, but the fact that I was the only person they had in mind for the position.  Part of me felt like they just gave it to me because I'm friendly and talk a lot, but that's not a bad thing; I like to think of that as an asset.  And I'm a hard worker, who has taught others in the past, so maybe they thought I would be a good example?  I'll never know, but what's done is done, and now I'm the new team trainer of my department.  I have to admit, I'm a little miffed that it's mostly paperwork and technical stuff to start, but I guess everyone has to do that when they move up in the ladder.  It means a lot that my bosses and coworkers have faith in me, though.  That makes me want to return the favor.  And by doing a good job, my confidence and self esteem go up, as well as production for the store.  I hope I can do a good job and make everyone proud. 

I'll admit, I certainly never thought I would get this far in a short time, but this is just the beginning for me.  Hopefully, there are more good things, ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment