Friday, July 18, 2014

Paper Bags

Yesterday, at the supermarket, my dad and I had something peculiar happen to us that hasn't ever happened before, which was get paper bags when we checked our goods out.  It's not the biggest thing in life to take notice of, but my whole life, we've either only gotten plastic bags, or boxes if we had to get anything paper related.  Maybe the paper bags were a cheaper option, but besides that, I can't think of any good reason why they'd have that.  The paper bags feel smaller, and they don't have handles, which makes them more susceptible to tear if you have too many things.  Not to mention, with all the recent attention paid to the environment, they're just not economical, so while I think the supermarket didn't mean to, they really caught me off guard with their use of paper bags.  I see that they're there, but I can't see a reason why people prefer them over plastic.

When it comes to that choice, just say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment