Monday, July 7, 2014

Weather Crisis Averted

In my Into to Homeland Security class a few weeks ago, we talked about natural hazards that could occur in certain areas.  Since I live in Boston and the Northeast, naturally, I talked about floods, but I never thought that we would experience Hurricane Arthur, when our area rarely gets hurricanes, but we received some of it supposedly this past holiday weekend.  Day by day last week, we were getting news about the hurricane and all the damage that could potentially come with it, but luckily, all I got was scattered showers and lots of thunder/lightning.  Although, I know that some areas got severe flooding.  That's not good, but it's not the worst thing that could have happened, making me glad that that was one crisis averted.  Hopefully, there won't be another.

No comments:

Post a Comment