Friday, January 25, 2013

Superman: The Movie Score

One of my favorite film scores of all time comes from John Williams.  That's probably no surprise considering he has been composing scores for almost fifty decades, but the film score of his I love the most is the one he did for "Superman: The Movie".  All the songs in the film are great, but as anyone who has seen the film can attest to, the Main Title March for the opening credits is the best one.  The song has everything.  It's exhilarating, loud, and really works well with the film's setup, giving Superman a voice and soul throughout.  Ever since I heard it as a child to now, I've felt like flying or saving somebody.  I know I obviously can't do those things, but if a piece of music can make someone feel like that, then you know it has to be good.

Just listen and take it all in

No comments:

Post a Comment