Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Green Hornet Show

Over the weekend, I was flipping through the channels, when I landed unexpectedly on The Green Hornet TV show.  I had heard about it before because I knew it had Bruce Lee in it, but had never seen it before.  Watching it, I thought it was ridiculous with it's plot and special effects, but it was what I expected, considering it was made by the same people who made the Batman series with Adam West.  What I did like though, was the seriousness of it, and the fact that Bruce Lee's martial arts skills were on display.  It wasn't anything spectacular, but I still thought it was pretty cool to see the legend in action at all.  In today's culture, it seems like people forget about Bruce Lee because he lived so long ago, and there are other martial arts stars/actors, like Jackie Chan and Jet Li, but let's not forget who started it all, and paved the way for them and Asians in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment