Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Sweet Lord


Keeping up with Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler, which has to do with God and religion, I was reminded on the song "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison, because the song reflected Harrison's search for God, which is what the protagonist Lauren, kind of wants to do in the novel (except she has her own religion, Earthseed).  

I didn't just post about "My Sweet Lord" because it reminded me of Parable of the Sower.  I posted about it because it's a song I've been listening to a lot lately, and it represents something I wish I could feel sometimes, which is true belief in God or a religion.  Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a God, but that's all I feel.  That's why I envy people sometimes, who are faithful to God or religion because it's so rare nowadays, and something I think would be comforting in difficult times. 

I'm not saying I wish I was religious, but I do wish I had enlightenment.  Then again, I guess everyone wants that, so till that time comes, let's just listen to the music.

 The live version of "My Sweet Lord" (in case the other version I posted didn't appeal to you).  I like both versions, but seeing George Harrison sing live, unifying a crowd, is a beautiful thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment