Saturday, April 13, 2013

Yu-Gi-Oh

I've been on break from blogging the past few days because of school and other engagements, but now cause it's Saturday, I'm back, and ready to talk about what I love talking about most on this day, cartoons.

The cartoon on my mind today is Yu-Gi-Oh, which I think needs no introduction to viewers of the show and to duelists.  It's on my mind today because lately, I've been getting back into the card game and re-watching the show.  It doesn't have have the same grip on me it did when I was a child, obviously, but looking back, it was great!  The bad-ass cards, the over-seriousness, the long duels, what wasn't to love?  Back then, I'd watch and record Yu-Gi-Oh on Saturdays, then go to school and talk about it with my friends.  If I was really lucky, I'd even have money from allowance or something, and buy booster packs from the local store.  Such a long time ago, but simpler times.

I'm not saying Yu-Gi-Oh was the greatest show on Saturdays, because I don't think it was (especially with others shows I love like Digimon, Recess, Weekenders), but but it was a show that had everything I was looking for at the time, which is something that isn't possible with new cartoons anymore.  Old Saturdays are gone, but we'll always have the memories and cards in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment