Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Parable of the Sower So Far...

So far, in my Contemporary American Fiction class, we've had some hits and misses when it comes to novels we've read, but that stops here, because the novel we're currently reading, is amazing.  The novel I'm speaking of is Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler.  I won't give too much away for obvious reasons, but it's a dystopian novel, set in the future, so if you're really into these things, maybe you should check it out.  I've never read any dystopian novels before, so I didn't know what to expect prior to reading this, but if this is what most of them are like, I have a new favorite genre.

I haven't finished the novel yet, so my opinion of it could change when it's over, but so far, that's looking like it's not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment