Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lifting Weights And Adding Muscle

Recently, along with the cardio and walking exercises I usually do, I've started lifting weights to try and add muscle.  In the past, I've tried doing it, but it was too difficult and strenuous on my joints and muscles, so I stuck to cardio.  But now that I've lost a good deal of weight, I think it's time to start building muscle, or at least have some sort of six-pack.  One of my motivations is because I want to be even healthier, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be more attractive as well.

So far, I've been starting small out lifting dumbbells and doing situps and pushups to try and build my upper body strength, but it's been a difficult process.  Not just maintaining it, but doing it well.  And knowing that I can't do it everyday.  I admit, I have been feeling the effects, but even I wonder if it's worth it for the pain it's caused me.  I won't know for awhile, but until then, I'll try my hardest to get stronger.  Hopefully, the hard work pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment