Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Video Of Your Life

Videos are obviously very big in the world now with Youtube, social media applications like Vine, and with how intricate our phones are now.  With so many ways of putting up a video, you'd think that using video cameras to record things would be a thing of the past, but that's not the case for my sister, who is assigning me to record parts of her wedding on a video camera.  She gave her explanation why she chose me for this assignment, but I still don't like doing it.  Sure, it doesn't have as much pressure as being in the actual ceremony, but if I mess something up, I know she's going to be angry at me.  Not to mention, I just suck with technology.

I've been learning how to use our old video camera the past few days with some success, but there are some issues, since it's so old and can barely go 10 minutes without dying.  Hopefully, we find a solution to fix the camera quickly, or else we'll have to get another alternative.  I personally wouldn't mind a new video camera because it would probably be easier to use, but I know it would cost more.  Like I said though, I wish I didn't even have to do this at all.  A wedding is supposed to be one of the happiest moments in a person's life, but with the ways things have been done, I can't wait until it's over.

Everything that's happened over the past few days makes me question videos.  I understand why they exist, and get huge enjoyment from watching them, but why have videos of yourself when you can have a picture, or just have the memories, which can capture everything better than some camera can, and have the uniqueness of what every individual person remembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment