Friday, October 4, 2013

Jesse's Past and Breaking Bad's Ending

I thought it fitting to start this post with a video I found on Youtube when Aaron Paul (known as Aaron Sturtevant back then) was on 'The Price Is Right".  Why?  Because it's hilarious, and it shows how consistent Aaron Paul's personality has been, which doesn't just describe who he is, but it describes his character Jesse Pinkman from the show Breaking Bad, which ended less than a week ago (still hard for me to believe).  Despite being a drug/meth cook/dealer, Jesse used to be a happy guy.  Okay, maybe happy is the wrong word since he had a history of drug and family problems, but before he met Walter White, at least he smiled.  After that, his life was never the same.  And as the seasons of Breaking Bad went on, we saw the Jesse who used to scream "BITCH" all the time disintegrate before our eyes.  In some ways, it was good, since Jesse became more serious and his relationship with Mr. White was defined closely, but I do miss the simpler times.  With that in mind, I hope you guys find this video as entertaining as I did.  Aaron Paul seems like a great guy, and I wish he won the car on the show, but it's safe to say he found greener pastures later on in life.

As for Breaking Bad's series finale "Felina", like many, I thought it was very well done.  It wasn't as spectacular as "Ozymandias" or 'Rabid Dog" from a few episodes before, but unlike Dexter, Seinfeld, and other series finale's that have let me down, at least Breaking Bad stayed true to who it was and gave fans a satisfying ending.  There were some things I had quips with, but they were small, and looking back, they don't change how I feel about the episode.  I honestly just wish it wasn't over because this was one of the few consistent shows that I never got tired of, which is a credit to creator Vince Gilligan, and the actors from Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, etc.  I still have many questions about the episode, like what happened to Jesse, but since he was one of my favorite characters from the show, I hope he finds happiness.  He deserves it!  And man, was I glad Todd, Lydia, and all the other villains got their just desserts.  That may have been the most satisfying thing of all, besides finding down how it all went down.  I honestly predicted most of it, but I never could have predicted how much a show like this would impact me as much as it has.  Good-bye Breaking Bad!  You are definitely one of the best shows ever created!

With that in mind, time to end the night with a few clips of our favorite corrupt lawyer Saul Goodman.  Even though Breaking Bad is over, we still have Saul's new spinoff to look forward to.  Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment