Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bill and Jalen

When it comes to first impression's, like most, I don't make them the be all-end all when it comes to meeting new people.  But when it comes to TV personalities, that's a different story.  Usually when I look at them, I can instantly tell whether I like or hate them.  And because of my stubbornness, my views rarely change.  That was the case with Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose in the past.  Years ago, I told my friend I couldn't stand anything about Bill Simmons from the way he looked, his voice, to his commentary and work on ESPN and on podcasts.  While for Jalen Rose, I didn't like him because of his attitude, such as with the Grant Hill "Uncle Tom" incident.

After a few years though, my feelings changed.  Bill Simmons wasn't the guy I disliked anymore.  I thought he was funny, well-spoken, and not to mention passionate about his work, which you can tell from his fan perspective.  The same goes for Jalen Rose.  Like many, that Duke comment was taken out of context at the time, and I recognize Jalen Rose for who he is.  He was part of the Fab 5 and NBA for years, and now he's giving his perspective, which is very interesting.  Not to mention that he's just as funny as Bill Simmons, so when you get them together, you have comic gold.  That's why I had to post about these two.  I've been watching their NBA preview videos for the past couple of weeks and they're so entertaining.  They have hilarious clips to describe team mindsets, "Clairvoyant Bill", and "Champagning and Campaigning", all while talking about the NBA seriously, which I need as I wait for the season to start.

If anyone is interested, 3 videos I recommend watching from the NBA preview countdown are the Boston Celtics (#24), Denver Nuggets (#13), and the Detroit Pistons (#12).  The Nuggets one has the funniest moment I've seen when Bill Simmons attempts a Javale McGee and eats... Well, you'll have to see and find out.  You won't be disappointed though.  All I can say after this is, how did I ever not like these guys?  They're the best, and now part of my daily routine.

Source of Picture: http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bill-simmons-jalen-rose.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment