Friday, November 1, 2013

Music Video Reactions

When it comes to Youtube, there are lots of things on there that were popular, that then died down really fast.  I still don't get the Harlem Shake, and I'll never understand how people like Rebecca Black and others can become celebrities overnight, but that's the way of technology now.  One thing I originally couldn't stand was music video reactions on Youtube because I found watching people's opinion on a group I liked boring.  I always like hearing from fans who feel the same way I do about an artist, but if no one is willing to be critical, then what's the point of saying anything?

That all changed recently in the past few months though, as I started getting into K-Pop.  For those of you who follow or read my blog, you can tell I love the group 2PM.  I have so many of their songs thanks to my brother and because of that, I listen to them religiously.  There are obviously some songs better than others, but as a whole, they're amazing!  I always used to listen solely to their music, but now I've started watching their music videos too, which have been entertaining on so many different levels.  Some songs, such as "10 Out of 10" are hilarious, while some such as "Without U" are just powerful.  Because I've seen so many of their videos now, I've started watching music video reactions daily.  And it's just not with 2PM now.  I watch 2PM, SHINee, etc. admiring the artistry, the skill, and enjoying the mutual love the people I watch have with the group. 

The more music video reactions I watch, the more I wonder why I feel this way about K-Pop and not American music, but I think it's because the fact it is in another language already puts us in a stage to judge it.  Also, since it's likely most of us have not heard of it, or differences with things such as time difference, when we see something for the first time, it really is surprising.  I'm still getting into K-Pop, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who loves watching people talk about them.  I used to be a skeptic, but now I say, just keep showing your love K-Pop fans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment