Sunday, November 10, 2013

Selene 6.23

It seems as though for every K-Pop group I listen to, there's always a song that moves me to the point of emotions, from happiness to tears.  Jay Park has "Joah", while 2PM has too many songs that I can count.  SHINee is the newest group I've gotten into recently, but while I've just discovered them, they're nothing new.  They're just arguably the top Korean group in the business.  They have strong vocals, an eclectic and visual style of fashion, and some of the best choreography I've seen.  Not to mention, their music is very good as well.  Since I only started started listening to them about two weeks ago, I've only heard their well-known stuff, such as "Sherlock", "Dream Girl", and "Lucifer", but I'm expanding my range of their music.  One song of theirs I absolutely love though is "Selene 6.23", which translates to The Distance Between Us.  It's a orchestral ballad by the group about unrequited love, which is not their usual forte (Whose forte is ballad?), but it sounds absolutely amazing nonetheless!  Give it a listen, and I think you guys won't be disappointed. 

SHINee and other K-Pop groups may have a reputation to Americans as being loud or only dance music because of some people like Psy, but they can do ballads as well.  I just wish sometimes their music label's promoted it as much, but the plus side is, we get to discover the magic for ourselves.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment