Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Less Than Necessary

For the past few days, I've been spending my time on the school library website, looking up database sources for a paper.  Being an English major, this is nothing new to me, but now that this is my final full semester, I have to admit, I'm pretty tired of it.  Looking up sources is necessary and even easy at times, but not this time.  I have a research paper to write that needs 6 outside sources.  Now, the fact that my paper only needs to be 5 pages and is only 10% of the grade is a plus, but it also needs 6 scholarly sources, which is hard to find.  It's not like there isn't any information out there, but with so much garbage and duplicates, it's hard to keep track of what you need and what you don't.  My friend Phu always used to complain about essays because he said teachers always made them unnecessarily tedious for no reason.  Like why would we need X amount of sources or words when we can do it in less.  I understand his points, but I also know teachers need to have guidelines, and that sources back up what you're trying to say.  Still, sometimes, I wish it were easier.

Only 11 weeks of school to go...  

No comments:

Post a Comment