Saturday, April 26, 2014

Anime Length

I'm no expert on anime, but in a way, I suppose we all were at point in our lives, because as kids, we watched cartoons that were really anime.  We just didn't know at the time that they were dubbed (unless of course you were really smart).  I remember as a child thinking the U.S. was the best because they created all the shows I watched; then I realized that Japan created them.  I wasn't disappointed, just surprised that one place could create so many shows I loved like Pokémon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.  My love of those shows still carries over to now, but now that I'm older, I don't watch as much anime anymore.  Now, I just watch cartoons or regular sitcoms.

That got me to a conversation I had with one of my friend's recently.  He's big into anime, but doesn't watch any series that are very long, which makes sense in theory, but if that was the case, he would miss out on classic shows like Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, Naruto, Pokémon, etc.  I understand the rationale behind it, since people rarely have time to do things, but what do you think about that?  Do you think animes are too long, and if you had had a choice, would you have wanted a show from our childhood to be shorter?

No comments:

Post a Comment