Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mi Examen De Espanol

This morning, I had a Spanish test that was half written and half oral.  I wasn't looking forward to taking it since I suck at languages, but I wasn't entirely worried, since I studied hard the previous nights, and was used to the test format from previous ones.  I just forget things easily sometimes, especially when it comes to speaking languages. Don't believe me, you can ask my mom.

To make a long story short, I took the test and did better than I expected.  The written part stumped me a little since I mixed some things up, but I think I did alright.  The surprising thing was that I did really good at the oral portion.  Now, there's no way for me to verify for sure since break is about to start, but I felt pretty good handing in my test.  Something I couldn't have said after the first one.

I still have one more test and final that will be the same format as these previous tests (barring any major changes).  Despite knowing what they'll possibly be like, I know that when the time comes, I'll be nervous for it like I always am.  Why am I saying this then?  I guess to prove a point not to be nervous for things like this because sometimes you can surprise yourself.  Whenever I take tests, usually I lower my expectations so that I'll feel better if I do better than expected.  Now that this experience has happened though, maybe it's time to raise my expectations because I always expect high expectations from myself, no matter what the language is.

No comments:

Post a Comment