Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Start Of Baseball Season

MLB's "I Play" commercial getting me fired up for the start of baseball season

In less than 3 hours, Major League Baseball will kick off it's 2013 season with it's first game of the season, which is the the Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros.  It's not the most marquee match-up in the world, considering the Rangers have lost so many players (Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli), and the Astros basically sold away their entire team, but I'm still excited for it.  The Rangers have Yu Darvish pitching, who is an American League Cy Young favorite, going against an Astros team making their debut in the American League after being in the National League for 50 years.  

This may not be the best game MLB could have picked to start off the season, but who cares?!  The wait is over, and baseball is back!  6 months since the last game of last season may not seem like a long time to people, but for me it is, which is why I am glad my favorite sport is finally about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment