Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bond, James Bond: My 7 Favorite And Worst Theme Songs

I just got my copy of the Best Of Bond...James Bond CD in the mail today from Amazon.  Usually, I never buy CD's since I love movies more, but $9 for all the James Bond theme songs (besides Skyfall) was too good a deal to pass up.  As I was listening through the whole CD, I was amazed at how I remembered all the theme songs, which movies they came from, etc.  There were a lot of theme songs I really liked, but there were also some I also really disliked, so I feel prompted to do another bunch of lists.  In honor of 007 himself, here are my 7 favorite and worst theme songs, which was tough to make with all the criteria I could have used, but I just ranked them based on how they made me feel, so there's no writing this time.  Just enjoy the music.

Now, here are my 7 favorite songs...

7. Live And Let Die by Paul McCartney & Wings from Live And Let Die
6. Thunderball by Tom Jones from Thunderball
 5. The World Is Not Enough by Garbage from The World Is Not Enough
 4. Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey from Goldfinger
  3. For Your Eyes Only by Sheena Easton from For Your Eyes Only
 2B. James Bond Theme by the Monty Norman Orchestra from Dr. No
2A. On Her Majesty's Secret Service Theme by the John Barry Orchestra from On Her Majesty's Secret Service
1. Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon from The Spy Who Loved Me
I know I cheated and have 8 songs on that list, but I couldn't leave off the definitive theme song of the series, so forgive me.  All these songs sound great, but now, here are the 7 theme songs that I think are the worst...

7.  Tomorrow Never Dies by Sheryl Crow from Tomorrow Never Dies
6. From Russia With Love by Matt Munro from From Russia With Love
5. The Man With The Golden Gun by Lulu from The Man With The Golden Gun
4. Another Day to Die by Jack White & Alicia Keys from Quantum of Solace
  3. Die Another Day by Madonna from Die Another Day
 2. The Living Daylights by a-Ha from The Living Daylights
1. A View To A Kill by Duran Duran from A View To A Kill 

No comments:

Post a Comment