Thursday, September 26, 2013

Good-bye Dexter Morgan

After days of being behind and hearing the controversy about the series finale of Showtime's hit show Dexter, I finally saw the last two episodes I missed, and like many, I have to agree that the show's finale was a huge letdown.  Everything that happened was predictable, and while things were patched up, it seemed shoddy; not to mention unsatisfying.  For those of you who haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you.  But honestly, if you never saw the series finale, you wouldn't be missing anything, whether you were a fan of the show or not.

I have to admit, I'm disappointed with Showtime because the first few seasons of Dexter were great (although season 3 stunk).  Season 4 with John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer, left images and performances I'll never forget, but from there, the show lost direction and got ridiculous with its plot and villains.  On the plus side, many characters were developed more, and the acting of the cast a whole got better.  Not to mention, Michael C. Hall returned from cancer to play Dexter with his usual uncanny and enigmatic charm.  Even though I support the death penalty for the most part, I don't support murder or serial killing, but like many people, I was just captured with the show and its relation to life.  Dexter may not have been a perfect show for me, but it was a show I liked, and a place I could turn to Sunday nights.  Now, it's time to find something new and say good-bye to Dexter for once and for all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment