Saturday, March 22, 2014

Billion Lost

In case you didn't know, or don't follow college basketball, businessman/investor Warren Buffet offered a billion dollars to anyone who could fill out a perfect NCAA March Madness bracket.  If you don't know anything about the sport, you might think this is easy, but this is even difficult for people who know a lot about the sport because of the high possibility of an upset.  And that was the case yesterday as Duke lost to Mercer.  With that loss, everyone was eliminated from Warren Buffet's challenge, and his billion dollars was safe.  I myself didn't enter a bracket because of the 1 in quintillion chance of winning (which is even lower than the lottery), but I can't help but think of what I'd do with all that money.  I'd donate to charity, pay off any money I owe, help out friends, etc, but it's just a pipe dream now.  One that Warren Buffet can laugh about now that he doesn't have to pay anyone.  In the end, at least we still have great college basketball.

In the end, Warren Buffet was the big winner of March Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment