Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Simplifying Language

In my Spanish class yesterday, we started the chapter on Direct and Indirect Objects.  The material isn't new to me, since we did it in Spanish II and II, but I can't stand doing them since they seem so unnecessary.  My teacher said that they're there to add emphasis to a sentence, or make it more alive, but as long as it's accurate, who cares?  We're already students who have so much to deal with, so why add more to our plate?  Not to mention, even when it makes sense, they want to make it harder for us by having us create/solve the sentence with both of them in it.  I understand the relevance, but that rarely happens, and even if it did, we won't have a use for it, because many of us are just taking the class for the language requirement.  Now, I'm not saying this to bash Spanish since I like the class, and my teacher is great, I just wish things were easier, or we could avoid things that are difficult to understand.  But regardless, I'll trek through because I'm almost done with Spanish.  And I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment