Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Top 6 Favorite Cereals

I like a lot of food, but one that really touches my heart is cereal.  That may be surprising to some because they only think of cereal as breakfast food, or something that doesn't taste that satisfying, but to me, I think cereal can be eaten at any time, and when it's the right cereal, can be as satisfying as any food (although I have yet to try it against cooked food like steak).  The only problem is, with so many different kinds of cereal available, how can you decide on which ones to try or eat?  I thought about this for awhile, but I didn't come up with the idea of ranking cereals until I ate my favorite cereal today.  I'll leave that answer till the end, but until then, here are my top 6 favorite cereals.

6. Kix: This puffed cereal maybe very plain in appearance, but it's taste is familiar and smooth.  Plus, it's mother approved, so at least you know it's a little healthy compared to other cereals on the market.

5. Fruit Loops: This cereal packs a lot of fruit into it's loops, and tastes better than the other competition, so that's why I love it.

4. Golden Grahams:  Out of all the cereals on this list, "Golden Grahams" is the one I haven't had the longest.  The last time I remember having it was in elementary school when they gave it for breakfast.  Back then, I was addicted to it because of how sweet it was (which was no surprise considering it was briefly pulled from stores because of it's high sugar), and it's design.  To me, this is a cereal that must be eaten with milk to experience both sides of it.

3. Apple Jacks: "Apple Jacks" is another cereal I haven't had in years, but this made my list because of its distinct taste it had (not tasting like apples), which I loved, and all the time I spent wondering why that was the case. 

2. Frosted Flakes: I don't think this needs an explanation since I know this is one of the most popular cereals out there.  The taste is amazing, and it's texture is something else.  It's crunchy, but in milk, it's arguably even better for me.

1. Honey Nut Cheerios: And now we have my favorite cereal, "Honey Nut Cheerios", which is no surprise to people if they've know me.  The honey taste is wonderful, it gets wet well in milk, and it helps lower cholesterol.  I hate to always emphasize good health as a reason for liking cereal, but most cereal has a lot of sugar, so it's nice to see a cereal helping you that tastes good compared to "Kashi" or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment