Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fast Food Presently

In life, there are so many things to complain about, but one thing I don't think we can complain about is fast food because we already know what we're getting with it.  Sometimes, it can be delicious and blow you away, but more often than not, you're eating it because it's cheap and you want food fast.  I don't eat as much fast food as I did when I was younger, but I occasionally eat it, such as when it's Five Guys or a menu item I'm craving, which was the case a few days ago when I got food from Burger King.

Burger King was never one of my favorite fast food joints, but they have one item with onion rings and BBQ sauce I used to love eating, called the RodeoBurger.  It was popular when I was younger, but then seemed to vanish off the face of the earth, until recently, when I saw an commercial for it on TV.  Once I saw that, I convinced my dad to get some for my sister and I since it was a piece of nostalgia literally at our fingertips.  I was excited to eat it, but after finishing one, it didn't satisfy me at all compared to other burgers.  And worse of all, as I bit into it, some BBQ sauce fell on my pants, which I didn't notice until after I tried to write something down on a piece of paper.  My eating experience might have been better if the burger was prepared better, like with less BBQ sauce, but like I started out this post saying, you can't complain about fast food.  I like food as much as the next person, but sometimes you just need to know when to say no.  And like other things from the past I wanted to retry after I discovered them (like Fruite Stripe Gum), this food is nothing more than a childhood memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment