Thursday, January 16, 2014

Making The Food List, And Checking It Twice...

Lists are a popular thing in the world, used by media outlets, newspapers, and even by me on occasion whenever I need/want to rank or remember something.  I do rankings more than the latter, but it's still important when I want to do something such as go shopping for food at the supermarket.  Being so young, I still remember what foods to shop for, but on occasion, it helps to have a list to help remember what to shop for, especially if I need to buy a lot of food, which I usually do often.

Now that I'm back to trying to lose weight, and close to going back to school, I need to start listing foods to get and stay true to it.  Does that need I need to give up some foods all together?  Yes and no.  You don't have to give up all the foods you like just like that, but it helps to make better decisions, especially in my case when I have to lose weight for blood pressure, so here's a list of foods I can buy that will help me out, along with food I'm buying when I go to Costco this weekend.  I needed to write it down, so what better place than my blog, where I can check it all the time?

Some foods I researched online that help lower blood pressure over time are...
  • Skim Milk
  • Spinach
  • Beans
  • Bananas
  • Dark Chocolate (with lots of cocoa in it)
  Foods that I'm going to get this weekend are...
  • Water
  • Whole Grain/Wheat Bread
  • Hummus
  • Fruits (Apples, Grapes, Tangerines)
  • Yogurt (Chobani)
  • Nuts
  • Granola Bars
  • Cookies or Deli Meat (Because we all need one indulgence or meat when we're at college)

That's just a rough list for now, but it can be changed in time.  I don't know if I can get all the foods, but hopefully, I can get most of them, and start my road back to weight loss.  As usual, it'll be tough, but I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment